Made Crispy Halibut with Zucchini Saute & Fried Capers.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 cup panko
4 pieces, each 6 oz skinless halibut fillet
3 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp capers, drained, rinsed and patted dry
1 tbsp olive oil
2 small zucchini, cut on the bias into ovals or halved lengthwise and cut into half-moons
1 cup red and yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 tsp chopped garlic
salt and pepper
2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2.Make a dredging station for the fish: combine flour, chill powder and salt in a shallow bowl. Beat egg with milk and Dijon in another bowl, and place panko in the third bowl.
3. Dredge fish first in flour, then in egg mixture and then in panko to coat.
4. Heat 2 tbsp canola oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add fish and fry, turning for 2 to 3 minutes or until crumbs are golden. Transfer fish to a baking sheet and bake for 7minutes or until fish is cooked through.
5. Wipe out pan, add remaining 1 tbsp. canola oil and heat on high heat. Add capers and fry for 2 to 3 min or until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
6. Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and fry for 1 minute or until just beginning to soften. Add tomatoes and garlic; fry 1 minute longer or until they have begunto release juice. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley and fried capers.
7. Serve fish over zucchini mixture, spooning some sauce over fish.